Saturday, June 12, 2010

A New Perspective

Today while I was sitting in church it occurred to me that I was thinking ahead way too much. I was thinking, “Yeah, the progress I’ve made is great, what else is going to happen?“ instead of counting my blessings and acknowledging what has happened already.

My device has been turned on for a week now and I have noticed that I sit quieter, I am able to feed myself easier, my voice is more stable, I am able to get on and off the toilet safer (not so many twitches to deal with), I can hold the telephone easier and I am able to hold a microphone and speak into it. These are all big milestones I have achieved in 7 days and I need to list them and count them as part of the journey.

Someone at church commented that “If this was all the change that happened it would be enough.” They are sooo right! I am so grateful that I got to do this operation. I want to really enjoy the journey and the new perspective.

- Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment