Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's only been a week

It has only been a week since my operation, my sister keeps telling me. It actually feels like so much longer. Today I am going to have a CT Scan under sedation and so I will be groggy for a couple of days. I think it feels longer because of all the milestones. Out of ICU, wires/tubes taken out, device programmed and turned on, out of bed and home! I so want to hurry up and get on with it.

I have been waking up full of energy, then by 11am I am ready for a lie down. Somewhere in there we have lunch (except not today because I have to fast) then more resting until 4pm. I then get up, check fb, have dinner and have visitors. It all works well.

I have decided to wait until I have all staples and stitches out before I start attempting ‘new tricks’ – drinking from a glass, etc. I need to not have much pain if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment