Monday, June 21, 2010

Infection & Metal Detectors

I have had some pain in my head for a few days which felt like a wire pulling. It has been really uncomfortable and a bit painful and has made me a bit of a grump. My head and face are sore on the outside too. I sent an email to my neurologist and he wants me to see him in case it is an infection in my skull – noooooo!

I was really proud of the fact that I have healed so well and I have something going on inside. The doctors did tell me that an infection can occur at any time, even years later. I am hoping we have caught it early, if it is an infection and we can get rid of it quick.

Today in the mail I got an ‘Implanted Device Identification’ card saying that I can set off metal detectors even if I’m naked and not sitting in my wheelchair. I’m feeling more and more bionic!

- Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment