Sunday, August 1, 2010

Better

My body has finally settled down again and I am not feeling as much pain. I think it just took me a week and a half to recover from the wedding I went to 2 weeks ago.


I went to see the surgeon last Monday and he felt I needed my device re-adjusted as well. So, I did make an appointment to see the doctor with all the power to adjust my brain and I also asked that he ring me as I had a feeling he wouldn’t want to see me before the 3 months were up. My instincts were right. Even though the surgeon and my neurologist agreed that my device needed tweaking, the tweaker can’t see me until after three months otherwise it will compromise the trial.


The other option was to look at pain management options – I am not one to take lots of medication. I did make an appointment to see my neurologist, but then I cancelled it as the pain reduced. (I think I scared the pain away by threatening to see the doctor – lol!)


Its amazing how our body tells us when we need rest, and we, being intelligent human beings that we are seem to think we know better. When will I ever learn?


Yesterday I had another birthday which was a very special day with my family in my house with the puppies. Since my last birthday I have Pupa and Bronte – two joys in my life!




- Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment